SECOM was founded by Makoto Ida in 1962 as the first security company in Japan. In 1966, SECOM (Japan) has developed the first on-line security system for commercial use in Japan and built a country-wide infrastructure.
SECOM (Malaysia) was established on April 1991. SECOM provides comprehensive security systems and consultations that ranges from small system for shop lots and residences to mid ranges for offices and warehouses to turnkey integrated systems involving man and machine. The core of SECOM’s Security Services are the Central Monitoring, 24 x 7 Response and Maintenance. SECOM is the only security company in Malaysia that the Subscribes trust enough to provide our security officers with keys to enter their premises when carrying out response and maintenance.
Through the years, SECOM (Malaysia) has grown from its humble beginning with only 1 Subscriber and 5 staffs to where we are today having more than 4000 Subscribers, 800 Staffs and 16 Response Depots throughout Malaysia.
Through our strong partnerships with The Lion Group, SECOM (Japan) and Koperasi Polis Diraja Malaysia (KPDRM), and with the support and trust from our Subscribers, SECOM (Malaysia) has grown to become the most trusted and reliable security provider in Malaysia. As our businesses continue to grow, SECOM will run the extra mile and exceed our Subscribers’ expectations are met.
As part of our commitment towards achieving the best of quality in security services, SECOM (Malaysia) has acquire accreditations by several bodies and officially recognized as quality ensured company:-
• ISO 9001 : 2005 - Quality Management System
– With comply ISO 9001, enable SECOM (Malaysia) to develop a top quality management system to meet our client’s quality requirement while improving operational processes.
– It’s result in shorter lead times, high delivery reliability and consistently high quality of services to the benefit of our Subscribers.
• ISO 22301:2012 - Business Management Continuity Management System
– With the certification of this standard, our Subscribers will protected as the probability of the threat towards the company is reduce and can be avoided.
– This is to ensure the reliability of our service and function to our Subscribers.
• ISO 13485 - Good Distribution Practice for Medi. Device Management System
– Medical device such as AED is included in our solution is being paired with ISO 13485 certification.
– This is to ensure a good practice and no harm comes to our Subscribers that will use our medical device in our solution.
• Security Licenses 2(a) & 2(b), by Home Ministry
– The certificate produce by Home Ministry enable SECOM (Malaysia) to provide security guard and protection to any individual or company in relation to keeping the vicinity safe from threats.
– It’s also enable SECOM (Malaysia) to provide investigative services on any business set by a Subscriber.
• Grade 7 G7 (M&E), by CIDB Malaysia
– Allow SECOM (Malaysia) to provide installation or construction services to Subscribers according to law.
– This will ensure all installation are up to the standard and practice according to the law in Malaysia which also will protect the interest of the Subscribers as well.
• Account Registration, by Ministry of Finance
– As part of our obligation towards our Subscribers, SECOM (Malaysia) has obtained license from Ministry of Finance.
– This is to ensure our service provision is legitimate by Malaysian law standard so our Subscribers will proceed any transaction with confidence an secured by the law.